I was struggling and I couldn’t figure out why. I had heard that losing weight after forty was difficult, but really? Did it really have to be this hard?
I knew what to do, so I thought. At least my plan had worked in the past. But now, I wasn’t seeing results.
I thought that if I cut back on the amount of food I ate, swapped fried and fast food for more whole foods, and exercised at least 3 days a week I would lose at least 2 pounds a week.
And my body said, think again.
After trying my same plan a few times with the same depressing results (I know…insanity), I finally starting researching for answers.
And I discovered that losing weight after forty is not only possible to achieve, but it’s also relatively easy to maintain when using the right methods.
So if you are a woman who…
- is 40 or older,
- has 10 or more pounds to lose,
- has tried unsuccessfully to either lose weight (or maintain weight loss), and
- is willing to make positive changes
Then this site is for you. Here’s why…
How Losing Weight After Forty Can Benefit You
I’m in your shoes. If you read my story, then you know that I’ve struggled with maintaining a healthy weight. This prompted me to research (and experiment), leading me to my current plan.
I’m on this journey with you and am documenting what I learn here on this site, Losing Weight After Forty (LWAF). I will be answering questions like:
- What is the best way for a woman over 40 to lose weight?
- How can I speed up my metabolism after 40?
- What happens to a woman’s body after 40?
- How can I get in shape after 40?
- What is the best exercise for 40 year old woman?
- How do I stop gaining weight at 40?
- Why is losing weight after 40 so hard?
- What foods should you avoid after 40?
- And much more!
In addition, LWAF subscribers will receive my exclusive LWAF One-Sheets. These are weekly printable meal and fitness plans that give you suggested healthy recipes and workout routines you can follow for the week.
All this and more is available on this site. I’m glad you stopped by and I hope you’ll stick around for the duration.